Friday, August 30, 2013

I know my poems are just da bomb

I know my poems are just da bomb
It’s true, sez poetscam.com
They spam my rear with news I won
In guise to sell all ‘neath the sun

I shall not fail this test of poem
Else I shall lose my only home
Oh wait, I fear I just misspoke
For rhymesters earn no bucks--they’re broke!

So even if my verse be tops
Repossessors may bust my chops
And throw my butt upon the street
To freeze each night, sans any heat

So do I craft this art in vain
Or might the ends be worth my pain?
I shan’t be sure, till reaper shows
And I’m forever comatose
 
For then the Lord shall judge the worth
Of all I’ve done upon the earth
If judgment says I’m in the black
Then your opinion don’t mean Jack

So I’ll continue to create
Though two days passed since I last ate
I’ll write and dream that I get rich
But until then, my life’s a #@*&%$

Of poetry, they don’t care none
Their scam is spam, to sell, and run
So when I try to claim my prize
They wave invoices in my eyes

They’ve taken gall to brand new heights
Which shows their business model bites
Though prey they do on rookie hopes
My heart tells me they’re gutless dopes

To prove how clueless these fools be
I fake this faux literacy
To see if it may win their test
And they proclaim that I’m the best

Then I shall know they’re all e-crooks
Who prob’ly keep two sets of books
One for themselves, one for the Feds
How is it all straight in their heads?

Boo Boo ba Boo
Dis poem is coo'
Don’t pay no bills
From Owing Mills

1 comment:

  1. I submitted this ridiculous poem to a scam poetry contest, and it won their grand prize. Of course, I would have had to pay hundreds of dollars to actually have it published.

    What a scam.

    ReplyDelete